Sunday 1 November 2015

Weekly Film 3 (The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey)


The Hobbit is a film series consisting of three high fantasy adventure films directed by Peter Jackson. They are based on the 1937 novel The Hobbit by J. R. R. TolkienThe films feature an ensemble cast that also includes James NesbittKen StottEvangeline LillyLee Pace and Luke Evans, with several actors reprising their roles from The Lord of the Rings, including Cate BlanchettOrlando BloomIan HolmChristopher LeeHugo WeavingElijah Wood and Andy Serkis. The Hobbit had a budget of £129m and made £649m in the box office. 

Bilbo Baggins is swept into a quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor from the fearsome dragon Smaug. Approached out of the blue by the wizard Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo finds himself joining a company of thirteen dwarves led by the legendary warrior, Thorin Oakenshield. Their journey will take them into the Wild; through treacherous lands swarming with Goblins and Orcs, deadly Wargs and Giant Spiders, Shapeshifters and Sorcerers. Although their goal lies to the East and the wastelands of the Lonely Mountain first they must escape the goblin tunnels, where Bilbo meets the creature that will change his life forever ... Gollum.


I enjoyed this film because it was so mystical, I enjoy Fantasy films on a whole and I find them rather intriguing and I love to be able to enter this unbelievable world but I honestly never though I'd enjoy The Hobbit. I knew that The Hobbit was linked to Lord Of The Rings and because the Lord of The Rings never particularly appealed to me I didn't think the Hobbit would either. However after enjoying this film very much i will be sure to watch the rest of the trilogy and perhaps even watch Lord Of The Rings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment