Sunday 1 November 2015

All 4 short films: A Moment Of Horror

On All 4 for Halloween they featured 6 short films that all followed the Horror Genre. I decided to watch these for inspiration and ideas for my short film, they would be especially helpful because I am planning to make a Thriller or a Horror for my coursework this year. 

The films featured were:

 Night Feed by Christian James
A young mum is woken in the middle of the night by her hungry, crying baby. In the dark and half conscious, she autopilots her way through the nightly routine... but tonight, something else is waiting.
Bath Time by Rose Glass
Every night before she goes to bed, Evy listens to a self-help tape that aims to tackle her crippling anxiety disorder. But while having a bath, her anxieties take on a horribly physical form…
The Doorkeeper by Weronika Tofilska
A janitor walks through a long, dark corridor at night, closing a number of doors on his way. But the job is not as easy as it seems, since someone - or something - is intent on keeping them open.
Behind You by Lee Lennox
A little girl’s favourite bed-time read is a creepy 19th century spectral illusions book, which hides a nasty surprise for the girl’s babysitter.
What the Dog Saw by Andrew Brand
All Linda wants to do is sleep but her dog Max won't stop barking. If only she knew what the dog saw…
Killing Time by Michelle Fox                                                                                     A rebellious intern wastes time at work on her mobile phone and discovers a vengeful boss is a force to be reckoned with.
I really enjoyed watching all of these films but I particularly enjoyed Behind you by Lee Lennox because the whole film from start to finish was incredibly tense and frightening when it needed to be. Of all the short films I've seen from the film festival to others I've seen online this was most defiantly my favourite. But all the films that were shown were intriguing to watch with completely different narratives. I liked how some of the narratives were implicitly shown such as Bath Time by Rose Glass and The Doorkeeper by Weronika Tofilska. In some of the films the shots used proved useful and I have thought about using them in my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment